Budapest-based Hungarian freelance photographer, photojournalist Bea Kovacs is interested in documentary photography, portrait, and social topics. Long-term projects stand closer to her, as the humility, empathy, and sensitivity that came with her experience enrich the stories she would like to tell.
She likes to address difficult topics such as the life of ill, struggling children; show their everyday life, how they and their families try to overcome obstacles so she can draw attention to their difficulties. Also, she likes to visit the villages of her homeland, and capture the slowly vanishing traditions, the life of older people.
Through this, she can show how the meaning of life changes from one generation to the other. She pays attention to the South Caucasian countries, where she likes to capture the link between people and their environment, the colorful differences between cultures.
Grants and Awards
- 2022 Photojournalism and Documentary Photography Seminar, Level 2 Scholarship /VII Academy
- 2021 André Kertész Grand Prize of the Hungarian Press Photo Contest 2021
- 2021 2nd place in „Everyday life (series)” category of the Hungarian Press Photo Contest
- 2021 Sarajevo Seminar for Documentary and Narrative Practice Scholarship / VII Academy
- 2020 André Kertész Grand Prize of the Hungarian Press Photo Contest 2020
- 2020 „Everyday life (series)” category winner of the Hungarian Press Photo Contest
- Collective Exhibition / Selection of the Best Hungarian Press Photos of 40 Years/
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center / 2022 Budapest, Hungary
- Collective Exhibition /The 39th Hungarian Press Photo Exhibition / Kunsthalle / 2021 Budapest
- Collective Exhibition / Images of Light | 2nd National Salon of Photography 2021 /
- Kunsthalle Budapest, Hungary
- Collective Exhibition / The 38th Hungarian Press Photo Exhibition /
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center / 2020 Budapest, Hungary
- Personal Exhibition / “Colors of Armenia” Agora Cultural Center / 2019 Veszprém, Hungary